Monday, September 20, 2010

Blog Assignment #12-M.Antoinette

            Marie Antoinette was the Queen of France, and ever since the revolutionaries wanted to get rid of their monarchs to start a republic, vicious rumours had spread about her and she was seen as the cause of the great dept the country was in, the revolutionaries therefore decided not only to kill the King of France, but also his wife, Marie Antoinette. Not only that, but she was extremely vicious towards peasants and third estate-men. She said that if they were having troubles, "let them eat cake!" which basically meant she didn't really care about their situation money wise or didn't know about it.
              Marie Antoinette was the Queen of France during the French Revolution. Was resented by the French citizens for her foreign birth and extravagant lifestyle, Marie has gone down in history as the arrogant monarch who, when told the peasants were starving because they had no bread, said "let them eat cake." Marie was known to have been a wild spender as a young queen. The daughter of Francis I and Maria Theresa, Emperor and Empress of the Holy Roman Empire, Marie left Austria for France in 1770 to marry the prince of France. In 1774 the prince became King Louis XVI and Marie became queen. As revolution swept Paris in 1789, the king and queen tried to flee but failed. Marie and Louis XVI were stuck as prisoners at the palace at Tuileries. Failing to get help from royal supporters in England, Prussia ,and Austria they were arrested and charged with treason in 1792. Louis was beheaded on January 21, 1793 and Marie was beheaded months later, on 16 October 1793.
              Some of Marie Antoinette's Quotes are I was a queen, and you took away my crown; a wife, and you killed my husband; a mother, and you deprived me of my children. My blood alone remains: take it, but do not make me suffer long., Let them eat cake, and I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all. I think her life was hard. It had its ups and downs. She was a good person at the younger age ,but as she got older she got meaner. I think she could have lived a better life. She chose to live the life that she lived so she got beheaded. I wouldn't of beheaded her though. I think that is gross. I just would have taken her crown away and I would give it to someone who deserves it.
 
Marie                                                         King Louis XVI


Marie's cat                                            Marie at a ball

 Marie and her children
                

No comments:

Post a Comment